SIDB–Pak-German Wood Working Centre, Peshawar was established in the year 1971-72 under the technical & financial assistance of German Government for promotion and
THE COMPANY. OUR CORE VALUES. OUR BELIEFS
- To impart professional training in the trade.
- To produce high quality furniture from standard material.
- Replacement of three (03) decades old machinery,
- Increase in number of trainees,
- Introduction of new technology,
Focus On The Achievements
- Supply of quality furniture to government departments.
- Common Facility Service (CFS)
- Installation of imported machinery,
- Construction of additional mini-workshop,
- Renovation of showroom,
- Installation of internet facilities,
- Introduction of new designs,
- Development of software for new designs and modernization.
- The centres also offer sewing, seasoning, sharpening, pressing and
- Other common facility services to the private sector
a- Addition of imported machinery to all the centers,
b- Development of design sections in other centers on the analogy of Peshawar center,
c- Creation of training sections in other centers to cater for the needs of the local industry,
d- Decrease of time period for supply from present six (06) months to three (03) months,
e- Introduction of domestic furniture (living room, kitchen, drawing and drawing room),
f- Introduction of latest material as replacement of solid wood (lamination board, MDF etc).
PROMOTION & DEVELOPMENT OF SMALL SCALE & COTTAGE INDUSTRIES THROUGH
- Skill upgradation and Training in the field of small and cottage industries
- Provision of industrial infrastructure i.e. establishment of Small Industrial Estates
- Establishment of Common Facilities Centres (CFCs)
- Provision of marketing services and sale outlets
- Provision of advisory services to the entrepreneurs
- Provision of financial assistance on easy terms and conditions
- Supply of quality furniture to government departments,
- Common Facility Service (CFS),
- Imparted training to 616 trainees upto December, 2014,
- 2-years certificate course : 459
- 3 & a half years Diploma Course : 157
- Most of the passed out trainees have established their own small wood working units.
Some of our passed out trainees are working in different departments e.g.
- SIDB Wood Working Centers
- KPK Directorate of Manpower training & Tech. Education
- Inter Woods Lahore
- Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission
- Pakistan Air Force
- Punjab Small Industries Corporation
- 109 number of passed out trainees are working in Middle East and earning foreign exchange for the country.
More than 50% reduction in the use of solid wood.
Developed Wood Cluster Small Industrial Estate Peshawar, Mardan, Charsadda & Abbottabad under transfer of technology/ training & skill development program, more than 400 wood working units have been set up in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.